What is Maestro?
Maestro is a widely-recognized Mastercard brand, offering debit and prepaid cards. Maestro cards are accepted at over 15 million businesses in over 90 countries.
In most countries, a PIN is required to authorize in-person Maestro transactions, as opposed to a signature. For online transactions, online authorization is required. For you as a merchant, this strong security makes Maestro a safe bet, as transactions will very rarely fail after clearing initially.
Since Maestro cards are always either debit or prepaid cards, their transaction fee rates are lower than what you’d pay for credit card transactions. This makes Maestro one of the cheapest card payment methods to accept.
How can I accept Maestro payments with Pay.com?
With Pay.com, it’s easy to accept Maestro payments from your customers. All you have to do is follow these 6 steps:
- Visit Pay.com and create an account.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your application. Click the link in the email to go to the business account activation form.
- Fill out the form and submit the necessary documents.
- While we review your application, you can get started setting up the API integration so you can accept payments on your website.
- Once we approve your account, you’re all set to start accepting payments from Maestro, along with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and other major card brands.
- You can go to the Connections page in your Pay Dashboard to easily add more payment methods to your website.
If you have any questions about the account approval process, our team is always around to help - feel free to contact us!