What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is the number one digital wallet for Android users, with over 25 million users worldwide. It’s becoming even more popular, with an expected growth of 40% by 2025. People use Google Pay in over 25 different countries around the world and in a variety of currencies.
Shoppers can use Google Pay to make purchases in-store, online, and in-app on their devices or smartwatches.
After a user downloads the app, they can simply link their bank accounts, debit cards, and credit cards to their Google Pay account. From there, making purchases is as simple as a couple of taps.
Ease of use aside, Google Pay is extremely secure. The system uses encryption and virtual account numbers to protect card details. Plus, users must authorize each payment with a PIN or biometric. With these extensive security measures in place, businesses can avoid fraudulent payments and chargeback fees.
How can I accept Google Pay payments with Pay.com?
Accepting Google Pay payments is simple! There are just a few easy steps to follow:
- Head to Pay.com and create an account. We’ll send you a confirmation email with a link to the business account activation form.
- Enter your business information in the form and attach your supporting documents. Then, click submit.
- We’ll provide you with an approval decision after reviewing your information.
- After approval, you can navigate to the Connections screen and find Google Pay. Simply click on the toggle to turn Google Pay payments on.
- Anytime a customer checks out and selects Google Pay as their payment method, the system will redirect them to the Google Pay website. The customer just needs to log in and confirm the purchase.
- Keep track of your Google Pay payments, as well as all other transactions, in your Pay Dashboard.