What is Discover?
Discover is a brand of credit cards issued primarily in the United States. Unlike some other major card brands, Discover issues its own cards. It processes payments through the Discover payment network.
Discover partners with various other payment networks across the globe, making it one of the most widely accepted card brands in the world today.
When Discover first launched, it disrupted the credit card industry by not charging an annual fee, offering a higher credit limit than those that were the norm at the time, and introducing cashback bonuses on purchases. These are perks that it still maintains today, making it an attractive card for consumers.
Traditionally, Discover cards have been relatively expensive for merchants to accept. While this is still true, the gap in fee rates between Discover and other major brands has narrowed. With more affordable rates and a steady level of popularity, accepting Discover cards could prove to be a good option for your business.
How can I accept Discover payments with Pay.com?
It’s simple! Follow these 7 quick steps to get started:
- Visit Pay.com and create an account.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your application. Click the link to go to our business account activation form.
- Fill out the form and submit the necessary documents. If you have any questions, our support team is always around to help.
- While we review your submission, you can start setting up your API integration.
- Once your application is approved, you’re ready to start accepting customer payments from Discover cards, as well as from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and other major card brands in your region!
- Every time one of your customers pays with a Discover card, Pay.com will instantly notify you.
- With the Pay Dashboard, you can easily track all your payments and transactions in real time, including your newly added Discover payments and their fees.