What is American Express?
American Express is a multinational payment card services company. Unlike other major card brands, it issues its own cards in addition to processing payments on the American Express network.
Often referred to as Amex, American Express offers credit and charge cards, and prepaid debit cards. These cards are available to individuals, businesses, and corporate customers both in the United States and in various countries around the world.
Amex offers a secure way to pay for purchases, both online and in person, with an attractive reward system. Amex’s customers swear by its perks as well as its high-quality customer service.
Amex card users tend to spend more on average, since the company incentivizes high spending and requires them to fully pay their credit or charge card balance each month. Because of this customer base, and because of the protection from fraudulent transactions offered by Amex, many merchants opt to accept American Express cards as a payment method.
How can I accept American Express payments with Pay.com?
Accepting Amex payments is easy with Pay.com, and the setup time is minimal. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Visit Pay.com to create a business account.
- We’ll send you a confirmation email that includes a link to our business account activation form.
- Fill out the relevant business information, attach the required documents, and submit the form when you’re ready.
- While we review your details to approve your account, you can get your API integration set up to start accepting payments as soon as possible.
- Once your account is approved, you’re ready to start accepting Amex card payments, in addition to Visa, Mastercard, and other major card brands.
- The Pay Dashboard lets you manage and track all your payments in one place – including Amex payments.
If you have any questions about the account approval process, you can contact us at any time!