You no longer need a cash register and credit card machine to accept plastic payments for your freelance work. The digital era creates new opportunities to take credit and debit cards even as a sole proprietor with no ecommerce experience.
This guide will put you on the path to accept credit and debit cards as a freelancer as we explore the advantages of partnering with Pay.com for a flexible, full-service payment infrastructure.
The Benefits of Accepting Credit Cards as a Freelancer
Advantages of accepting credit cards include:
- Exposing your business to a new audience by adding another method of payment. Prospects who initially passed might change their minds and give your business a try if it's easy to pay in their preferred way.
- Instant payment compared to weeks with traditional payment methods. You won't have to wait around for the check to arrive in the mail, not to mention the additional time for the bank to clear the deposit.
- Elevated security with technology to prevent data breach and identity theft. Credit card transactions through Pay.com comply with the highest level of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Automatically trackable transactions for easy accounting. You can see detailed reports and download them at tax time for seamless, stress-free bookkeeping.
- Appearing more professional to current and potential clients. You can add a branded checkout page to your website to enhance recognition of your business. PCI DSS compliance badges emphasize your attention to data security, another element of a trustworthy business.
While accepting credit cards can be costly, you don't have to worry about unexpected fees when you work with Pay.com. We charge transparent flat-fee per-transaction rates so you won't get caught off guard by expensive add-ons.
What's the Best Way to Accept Credit Cards as a Freelancer?
A streamlined, secure payment process puts clients at ease, even if it's the first time they've ever used your services. Through Pay.com, you can provide a premium user experience that aligns with your business model and client preferences. For example, we offer several safe ways to accept credit cards:
- Secure Pay Links so you can send a email or text that takes the client to their personalized payment page
- Customizable Pay Checkout feature to create a checkout page on your website
- Virtual Terminal to take card numbers directly from your client and enter them into your Pay Dashboard to settle the invoice
You'll also be able to accept a wide range of payment methods, from credit and debit cards to digital wallets and beyond. When you want to add a new payment option, you can offer it to your clients with a single click. It's all managed through your intuitive Pay Dashboard.
Pay.com also puts advanced analytics in your hands. If you're interested in digging deeper into your freelance transactions, you can export detailed reports and learn more about how your clients prefer to pay.
It's easy to set up your account and use these features even without a technical background.
In fact, creating your customized Pay.com checkout page is a completely code-free endeavor. If you're looking for a tech-savvy solution, you can seamlessly integrate our developer-friendly API.
Click here to get started with Pay.com now!
How to Accept Credit Cards with Pay.com in 6 Steps
You're just six short steps away from accepting client credit card payments with Pay.com. Here's how to do it:
- Go to Pay.com and click the green "Start Now" button to create your account.
- Check your email to confirm your account through the provided link.
- Complete the business account activation form, attach requested documents, and click submit to send in your form.
- Use our API integration tools to set up online payments while you wait for our team to review your details and approve your account.
- As soon as you receive official approval, you can start taking credit and debit cards from major brands including Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. Pay.com also supports other payment methods such as electronic fund transfers and digital wallets.
- Access all your transactions on our convenient Pay Dashboard, where you'll see credit and debit card payments from your clients along with associated fees.
You can reach out for help from the Pay.com team if you need assistance during any step in the approval process.
The Bottom Line: Should You Accept Credit Cards?
You're just a few steps away from accepting credit cards for your services with Pay.com. Our direct onboarding process and flexible framework are great for freelancers who prioritize simplicity, speed, and convenience. You can use our services to take payments your way, and we'll be ready to grow with your small business.
Freelancers often express concerns about credit card fees. Pay.com provides an affordable way to take credit cards with an easy-to-understand flat fee structure that helps you avoid expensive surprise bills.
You can save even more money if you have a high-volume freelance firm that qualifies for our interchange-plus rates. Fill out the application form now to try out our comprehensive suite of payment tools for freelance providers.